How can Birdsmouth Construction help you with the Design/Build process?
We offer Design/Build for any of the services we offer. Here are the steps we take to deliver your high-quality project:
- Get in touch!Fill out the contact form or call and tell us how we can help you. We’ll set up a time to tour your home or property, discuss your vision and goals for your project, explain the design build process, and answer any questions you may have for us.
- Programming phaseWe gather information about your goals, budget, timeline and what’s important to you-- this is the listening and note taking phase. Based on that information, we explore the best options for completing your project. We develop as-built measurements of the home, look into your zoning, and generally research project’s feasibility.
- Schematic design Based on this information, our designer will present you with several design scenarios. He or she will walk you through an iterative design process to develop a plan that strikes the right balance between meetings your goals and meeting your budget. It is when this stage is complete that we create a cost study to make sure the design will fit the budget.
- Design-developmentOur designer will prepare all the plans you need to get a permit from the city or county. This may include engineering, drawing details, and ensuring we have all information necessary to obtain a permit.
- Construction documents We augment the plans, draw assembly details, create details for rainscreens, air barriers, difficult transitions, etc. This will help to guide our contractor and subcontractors through the construction process.
- Construction AdministrationYour Birdsmouth designer will be involved throughout the construction phase to help answer questions from your project manager, help modify details in the field, and make sure the intent of the design is administered.